Tuesday 17 July 2018 is World Emoji Day. To mark the occasion we are sharing with you a ridiculously cute recipe for any impending emoji parties on the calendar or if you are just rather fond of that cute little poop emoji (by definition a 'pile of poo'), then this recipe is for you! But first, can we take a moment to go what the actual huh?
Poop Emoji Meringue Cookies
4 large egg whites, at room temperature
¼ tsp cream of tartar
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup white candy melts
1 tsp coconut oil
4 tbsp ready-made vanilla buttercream icing
candy google eyes
1. Preheat oven to 105 degrees C / 225 degrees F and line a baking sheet with baking (parchment) paper.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites on low-medium until bubbles form. Add cream of tartar and gradually increase speed to high.
3. Alternating between sugar and cocoa, each add ingredient in thirds. Continue mixing on high until you achieve stiff peaks in your meringue mixture.
4. Scoop meringue into a piping bag and pipe out “poop shapes” (Wilton tip #12 works very well to achieve this shape) about 1 inch high.
5. Bake for 45 minutes and then keep in oven for one hour (without opening oven door).
6. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Microwave candy melts and coconut oil in 30-second intervals until completely melted. Place in a piping bag and pipe out small “smiles” onto wax paper. Allow to set for at least 15 minutes.
7. Remove meringue cookies from oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, add a small drop of buttercream on the back of each candy eye and add 2 to each meringue cookie. Add buttercream to the back of each “candy smile” and place on each meringue cookie. Happy Emoji day!