The countdown is on. We've nearly made it, six more days to go! No doubt we'll spam you with more gift guides and recipes next year but for now this will be the last Christmas cooking related post from us for 2018. A yummy and simple to make Sugar Cookie Peppermint Bark. And with six days to go, you've still go time to make this one. We always try to post recipes that either your tweens would be able to make themselves or will love to eat (we're thinking this ticks both those boxes!) Enjoy x
- 1 sugar cookie mix (1lb 1.5oz)
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 12 oz. chocolate almond bark (swap for plain milk chocolate if you need a tree nut free recipe)
- 6 oz. white almond bark (swap for plain white chocolate if you need a tree nut free recipe)
- ½ cup crushed peppermints / candy canes
1. Preheat oven to 375F / 190C degrees. Cut a piece of parchment paper to 12x12 size and place onto a cookie sheet.
2. Crush the peppermints in a bag and set aside.
3. Using a mixer, mix together the cookie mix, egg and butter until a soft dough forms.
4. Press the cookie dough onto the parchment paper and roll out until it fills the edges of your 12x12 sheet. Rolling a plastic cup works great, as it won’t stick.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, or until a light golden brown color. Cool completely. (IMPORTANT!)
6. Melt the chocolate almond bark using a double broiler method. Spread the melted chocolate all over the cooled cookie crust.
7. Sprinkle the crushed peppermints all over the top of the chocolate.
8. Melt the white chocolate and decorate the top with drizzles all over.
9. Place into the fridge for a couple of hours until the chocolate has completely set.
10. Break apart and enjoy! If you prefer cleaner slices, use a pizza cutter.